This creamy cajun chicken pasta is super easy to make, and is perfect for a weeknight meal! This pasta is a combination of tender, well-seasoned meat, bell peppers, onions, and a creamy, flavorful sauce.
My New Favorite Pasta!
I’ve always been a big fan of anything cajun, so this is a recipe I’ve been wanting to experiment with for a long time! I love that it’s packed with veggies, carbs, and plenty of protein all in one–all tied together with a delicious creamy sauce. ?
If it’s a busy night, I sometimes don’t bother to make any sides because this pasta has so much variety! However, it would pair nicely with a salad or some garlic bread.
Cajun Chicken Pasta Ingredients
- Pasta: In this recipe I use linguine pasta, however, you can use any kind you like!
- Chicken: The chicken is seasoned with homemade cajun seasoning and cooked in a frying pan. Slicing it or pounding it thin will help the chicken cook quickly and not dry out.
- Onion and Bell Peppers: These vegetables are the perfect complement to any cajun dish. Plus, the bell peppers add some crunch! It’s also nice to have vegetables cooked into a main dish so you don’t have to worry about making a veggie side if you don’t want to. ?
- Cajun Seasoning: This homemade cajun seasoning is worth the extra few minutes it takes to make. I’ve tried using pre-made cajun seasoning in this recipe, but it turned out WAY too spicy. I want the cajun flavor, but don’t want my eyes to water! Making this recipe, you can control the level of heat–and I left instructions on how to do so.
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes: These tomatoes add a smoky flavor that fits perfectly in this recipe. The kind that I used also had garlic in it, so if yours doesn’t add a little bit of minced garlic to the recipe so that you get that garlicky flavor!
- Chicken Broth: This thins out the sauce, but also adds some great flavor. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use vegetable broth, but I wouldn’t recommend using water.
- Heavy Cream and Cream Cheese: These are both what make this dish creamy! If you want to make this dish lighter, I’d recommend using half and half in the place of heavy cream, and/or using a low-fat cream cheese.
- Cornstarch: The cornstarch is combined with some cold water. Adding this combo to the sauce while boiling will thicken the sauce.
- Crushed Red Pepper: This ingredient is optional, but is perfect for adding a little extra kick! If you’re not afraid of a little spice, definitely give this a try.
- Parsley: The parsley adds some additional herb flavor, as well as some extra color. If you don’t have any fresh parsley on hand, that’s fine. Just replace it with one teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan cheese is perfect on any pasta! It adds some extra cheesiness, but also adds excellent flavor.
Try out this creamy cajun chicken pasta and let me know how it goes in the comments below!